Friday, January 11, 2008

To the best of Dr. Al-Zein's knowledge, WE ARE IN REMISSION!!!!!!! YEA!!! We desperately needed some good news today, and if that is it then we are good with just that. Of course we won't have the definitive results until Monday, but Dr. Al-Zein said he looked at it himself and it looked clear. He will give us the % on Monday. This is so exciting, we knew his little body was strong to fight it. His temperature is also down for right now, which has to make him feel better. The only bad news I have to report so far today is that he is a difficult patient to sedate. The bone marrow biopsy was excruciating for all of us. They had to keep giving him medicine to try and calm him down, but he pretty much yelled and thrashed through the entire procedure. The only good thing that came out of it was that as soon as we got him back to his room and calmed down, he looks more restful than I have seen him in days. He really needed a good nap, so the combination of medicine, yelling and thrashing did him in. Just now I heard lots of gas along with some other noises that have never sounded better. We have been waiting for him to do this since yesterday morning. They let him start eating and drinking just about an hour ago, and he finished two sippy cups full of milk in about 20 minutes. He really was thirsty!! We had Rhonda and Lane come to visit and brought a little stuffed animal puppy, thanks for coming. It's always nice to see new faces. Shani also stopped by and brought a whole bunch of fun stuff. That was so sweet of you guys and I hope you know how much we appreciate it. We have also had some really yummy dinners, so another huge thanks for that. I'm going to go for now, if I have more to report, I'll do another post later. We love you all!!

5 comments:

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Wahoo! So glad to hear the news about remission!! I'm sorry the biopsy was so rough though. I have to say that I laughed out loud when I saw the newest pictures on the blog. Gotta love "the look" :) Glad to hear about his gas too - I'm sure that'll mean that there'll be more good stuff to follow :) baby steps...

Leslie said...

We are so happy to hear the good news. I hope things keep getting better for you. You are still in our prayers. We will check back for updates. Gary and Leslie

Leslie said...

Forgot to ask for your address. I have a package for your family. Leslie
801-550-8385 or email ljl2031@hotmail.com

Launi Walker said...

Remission already! That's fantastic news! Hang in there! You're doing great! You can do this!

Becky T said...

That is GREAT news!! So happy to hear things are looking good right now. I know you really needed some good news, so glad to hear you got it! And we'll just keep hoping and praying for continuing good news to follow!