Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just a quick update for now. Elijah spiked a fever last night so not going home yet. The good news is that they are letting us go back to Blank Childrens Hospital today to stay for the three days of antibotics, so we will be much coser to home and we get to see our baby girl!!! So I would write more, but we are anxious to pack and get going. See ya!!!

4 comments:

Mark, Holly & Boys said...

Sorry to hear about the fever, but WAHOO about heading back to DM! Wish we were still there...

Anonymous said...

Dear Hancocks,
This is good news that you are going back to Des Moines. One of our long-time friends is a pediatric oncologist at Blank Children's Hospital. His name is Dr. Stephen Elliott. If you come across him, say "hi" to him from us. Before we moved to Utah, I had a conversation with him, and he told me that the residents who come to train under him who are LDS are the absolute best! I agree. Steve is an excellent physician who has cared for lots of children in distress.
We continue to pray for you and your family.
Best wishes!
Wayne and Gretta Merkley

Anonymous said...

We have been following your blog and are so glad to see the improvement over just two weeks ago. You are all in our prayers constantly. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
-Rachel & Garrett Breit

Marye said...

Great to hear the wonderful news. I could not wait to get home to see if you were coming home today. I took a picture of Elijah to work so the ones I have told about him could see the face of the sweet boy I was talking about. They are looking forward to hearing that he is home. Friends, family and stranger are praying for this brave big boy who has come so far in a short time.